Local residents and community groups are invited to join Member for Fairfax Ted O’Brien on his Spring Road Trip to announce the opening of the Stronger Communities Programme.
Federal Government Funding up to $150,000 is available through the scheme for eligible local community and sporting organisations to help build stronger communities.
Federal Member for Fairfax, Ted O’Brien says that his seasonal road trips are invaluable to him because it helps him keep his finger on the pulse of the community.
“I am looking forward to meeting with local residents and community groups to speak to them about the issues important to them and promote the grant program,” Mr O’Brien said.
“Many local groups could benefit from these grant programs, but they need to be in it to win it,” said Mr O’Brien. “And the starting point is to know what the grants are all about and how to access them.”
When Mr O’Brien was first elected, he promised to undertake a road trip around his electorate every season to make it easier for constituents to access him and his electorate office.
The Stronger Communities Programme supports the Australian Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia.
The program intends to encourage and support participation in local projects, improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
The grant amount for small capital projects is between $2500 and $20,000 and can cover up to 100% of eligible project costs
Expression of Interest forms can be found and completed here: https://tedobrien.com.au/grants
Stronger Communities Programme – grants of up to $20,000
- $150,000 will be allocated for up to 20 projects located in the Fairfax electorate
- Grants of up to $20,000 to help build stronger communities as our local economy recovers from the impacts of COVID-19
- Expressions of interest close 3rd December
Spring Road Trip Schedule:
- 10:00 – 11:30am | Monday 1st of Nov | North Buderim Shopping Centre (outside Coles)
- 7:30 – 8:45am | Tuesday, 2nd of Nov | Eumundi (Dick Caplick Park)
- 9:30 – 10:45am | Tuesday, 2nd of Nov | Kenilworth Town Park
- 12:00 – 1:30pm | Wednesday, 3rd Nov | Dalton Dr, Maroochydore (opp Bunnings car park)
- 7:30 – 9:00am | Thursday, 4th of Nov | Cnr Ridges Blvd and Peregian Springs Dr, Peregian Springs