How can I help you?

As your Federal Member of Parliament, I provide a range of services to the constituents of Fairfax – both for individuals and businesses. My electorate office staff are available to assist you with any enquiries or concerns you may have on Federal Government matters, which may include Centrelink, NBN, NDIS or My Aged Care.

Constituent Services

Listed below are some examples, but if you have a question not covered here, please contact my office on 5479 2800 or email

Ted O'Brien Federal Member for Fairfax Sunshine Coast

Federal Government Services

Our office provides our constituents with support and care through Commonwealth Services such as immigration services, Medicare, NDIS, Centrelink and ATO.

Contact the office here.

Transport and Community Infrastructure

I am dedicated to improving the electorate’s access and connectivity to vital infrastructure through things such as NBN and road and rail projects.

Contact the office here.


During my tenure as Member for Fairfax, I have helped secure record levels of Federal Government funding for local projects, businesses and community groups.

See Fairfax achievements map here.

advocacy & Grant Opportunities

I am happy to provide letters of support to not-for-profit organisations who are applying for government funding.

My office will require information to assist me in formulating my response, so please send an email to, detailing your reason for a letter and any extra details you can provide.

*** Please allow 2 weeks to process.

I may also be able to assist you with grant applications and Ministerial appointments, so please contact the office for guidance on such matters.

Please click the link below to see the latest grants available to you and our community.

Request a flag

My office can supply eligible organisations and individuals with Australian, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags.

To be eligible, you must live/be based in the Fairfax electorate and be a:

  • School, local council, church or other non-profit or benevolent community organisation, association or group which have occasion to display the flag from flagpoles on their premises, or which display the flag on special occasions, or in halls or meeting rooms.
  • Community organisation, Australian exchange student or humanitarian worker undertaking official visits or duties overseas.
  • Family member, or an ex-service organisation representative, for use at the funeral of an Australian war veteran.
  • Flags may be available for other constituents who display the flag from flagpoles at their home (dependent on availability).

official representation

If you would like me to visit or attend your event to provide support with grand openings, speeches and special ceremonies etc, please email my team at explaining when, where and how you would like me involved.

Ted obrien sunshine coast


A complimentary photocopying service is available via our electorate office for not-for-profit organisations. Please contact my office on 5479 2800 or email


If your school is heading to Canberra during a sitting week, I would love the opportunity to meet with them and say hello.

Please see here for how to book.


If you need a marquee for your next community event, we can provide one free of charge. Please contact my office on 5479 2800 or email

Ted Obrien Sunshine Coast

Letters and Certificates of Congratulations

Australians celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or King.

If you or someone you know is celebrating such a milestone we can assist you with a letter or certificate of congratulations. We can also arrange a letter from the Prime Minister or King for you or someone you care for. Please see here for more information.

90th birthday (and beyond) – Prime Minister
100th birthday – King and Governor-General
50th Wedding Anniversary (and beyond) – Governor-General and Prime Minister
60th Wedding Anniversary (and every 5 years thereafter) – King

You will need to provide supporting documentation like birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office or can be downloaded here.

To arrange a birthday or anniversary message, please contact my office on 5479 2800, email or visit us at 17 Southern Drive, Maroochydore. 

Please allow adequate notice (generally 6 weeks).

Electoral Enrolment

If you are 17 or have recently turned 18, moved house or changed your name, you will need to complete a new electoral enrolment form. To check your current enrolment details, visit the Australian Electoral Commission by clicking on the link below.

To change your enrolment details, visit the below websites:
Australian Electoral Commission
Electoral Commission Queensland

Stay in touch with Ted

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.