Our seniors have been doing it tough this year.
As we enter into this year’s Seniors Week, which runs from 15-23 August, it is as important as it has ever been that we take the time to celebrate them, the wonderful lives that they have lived and their contributions to their families, their communities and their country.
My Fairfax Seniors Advisory Committee and I want to uncover some of the rich stories and history of our seniors here on the Sunshine Coast by bringing together the young and the young at heart.
So, during Seniors week we want you to post an image of your young ones proudly holding onto a particularly special photo of a senior close to you. Whether it’s your Nanna, your Grandpa or simply someone close to your family – we want to hear their stories.
Alongside this, make sure you:
- include a description as to the significance of the photo
- include #hiddenlegends
- tag Ted’s pages so we can share your stories:
This is the time for us to show our grandparents and seniors alike, just how much you appreciate them. I will be re-sharing your photos across my Facebook and Instagram accounts throughout Seniors Week.
One photo will be randomly selected at the end of the week as the winner and will receive a Family Pass to Wildlife HQ and a $100 gift card to spend at IGA.
How to participate:
- Post a photo OR video of a younger family members on your Facebook or Instagram (children, teenagers) holding a particularly meaningful photo of a beloved senior you know (grandparent, friend, uncle etc)
- In the caption, we would like you to include a description detailing who is photographed and the significance of the image.
- To make sure I see your photo remember to include #hiddenlegends and tag me on Facebook @TedObrienMP and Instagram @ ted.obrien.mp
- Enjoy the rich stories and history of senior Sunshine Coast locals as I share all your great photos and videos throughout the week
- Wait and see if your post is randomly selected to be the winner of the Family Pass to Wildlife HQ and a $100 gift card to spend at your local IGA!
Watch my video: