Queensland LNP Members and Senators have met this morning to discuss future priorities to get the Queensland economy moving and build on the strong record of delivery for Queensland by the LNP Government.
Member for Fairfax Ted O’Brien said “we are focussed on continuing to create jobs and new opportunities for all Queenslanders ”.
“LNP members have a strong record of delivering jobs and investment for Queensland.
“As a strong voice in the Coalition Government, the LNP is delivering projects that boost local economies, create new jobs and enhance productivity to keep the state moving,” Mr O’Brien said.
“We are focussed on the future investments that Queensland needs in roads and water infrastructure and reducing regulations to help kick start job-creating projects in Queensland.
“As a team we will refine these priorities over the next few months and together push for the best deal for Queensland. This united effort is even more important given that Queensland is currently held back by a do-nothing Labor Government which can’t even keep the trains running on time, let alone have a coherent plan for Queensland.
“We already have a strong record of delivering for Queensland, including investments in:
• The $6 billion Northern Australia Agenda, including road and water investments
• The first ever city deal with Townsville, including $100 million for a new Cowboys’ stadium
• $6.7 billion for upgrades to the Bruce Highway
• More than $1.1 billion to build the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing
• $2.25 billion Singapore training investment to bring Defence personnel to Queensland at Shoalwater Bay and Townsville
• $181 million concessional loan for upgrading the Sunshine Coast Airport
• $215 million towards two separate upgrade projects on the (M1) Pacific Motorway
• $200 million towards the Ipswich Motorway – Rocklea to Darra upgrade
• Jobs and investment programs for the Bowen Basin, Wide Bay Burnett and Cairns